"I'm not a chef; I just cook." - Rachael Ray



Monday, January 18, 2010

Mahi-Mahi with Chopped Pecans Warm Spinach Salad.

Pan seared Mahi-Mahi, topped with chopped pecans, on a bed of warm spinach.

 blog cover

Recipe for Seared Mahi-Mahi -  Season the Mahi on both sides with olive oil and 1t of salt and pepper. You can use lemon pepper if you prefer.  Place skin side up on a hot, non-stick pan.  Cook for 3-4 min on each side.  Next, sprinkle the chopped pecans on the top side of the Mahi.  Garnish with parsley and lemon zest.

blog wilted spinach balsamic v pecans bacon

Recipe for Warm Spinach Salad - Things you will need:  Bacon, Onion, Garlic, Balsamic Vinegar, Roasted Pecans, Sugar, and of course Fresh Spinach.

First fry 3 to 5 strips of your favorite bacon depending on how much bacon you want in the salad.  Next add 1cup chopped onion and 1t minced garlic to the bacon drippings, cook for 3min on mid-low heat.  Then, carefully add 1tsp of Balsamic Vinegar.  Now add your spinach, it will cook quickly - less than 1min.  Remove the spinach - Now I removed some of the excess grease with a paper towel.  Add the previously cooked bacon, chopped and the roasted pecans, chopped or whole.  Now you will want to season the spinach, salt and pepper to taste and about 1t of sugar or splenda.



fish 3 023

Mahi-Mahi is a somewhat delicate fish with mild flavors. The fillets are thick and satisfying. So if you're tired of tilapia or salmon, seared Mahi-Mahi is a welcomed change at a reasonable price.

21 comments:

  1. This was delicious, Bandy. Please make the wilted spinach again soon. I loved it.
    XX00 Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mahi! And I love my spinach cooked this way. I have two questions. Is your name Bandwith, or Tyler? And is your Mom's name Michael? Did you both pick "blog" names? Inquiring minds want to know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael told us about this blog and yes I have to try your spinach.
    Maria Berg, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell this is fabulous-it's a variation on my go-to fish filet recipe. And wilted spinach-YUM! Now I need to go shopping. I have a mahi mahi craving....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great meal! I really love mahi-mahi, and it sounds great with that pecan crust.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first, I thought this said "fry 35 strips of bacon" and I thought, Woo boy...I'm gonna LUV this recipe. Ha!!
    It all does sound wonderful, Bandwidth..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mahi, Mahi just right up my hussbands alley. I am going to try this this weekend. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks,
    blossom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds and looks so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yum! This looks so good, the fish and the spinach. My family loves seafood and I'm sure this would go over well with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This will get us out of the Winter doldrums! If it weren't for Food Network and my favorite blogs, I would be stuck in the "meatloaf rut" this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not fair! Michael get's to eat all this delicious food lol. Looks like another winner Tyler, I have never eaten mahi, mahi but will now. Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks fabulous! your mama is eating well~

    ps~ you are quite a cutie too!

    ...geesh, wasn't that sexist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks wonderful.....love spinach salad will try both...thanks for sharing....love your blog...Pat H

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your Mom is lucky to have YOU in the kitchen! I KNOW this would be delicious, we love Mahi Mahi! AND wilted spinach!!!! Thanks!!! Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks so healthy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So......I sent my husband out for some fresh spinach this morning, I'll be making your Spinach Salad to have with steak, for our anniversary, dinner tonight. :) No fancy dessert, we'll save that for when we go out for dinner this weekend, with our son. But I am making Ricotta Cookies and Pecan Tassies this afternoon, for our son to take back home, he shares with the guys he works with. They always look for Rick to bring some baked goodies back for them.

    Pecans are always a big hit in anything in our family.

    'D'

    ReplyDelete
  17. This fish dish looks wonderful! Gonna have to give it a try this weekend...Congratulations on the new blog... Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Going to make this tomorrow night...can't wait. On "atkins type" diet and this sounds like it will fit right in! thanx

    ReplyDelete
  19. bandwidthkitchen.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, yup this post is really good and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging.
    thanks.
    sbobet88

    ReplyDelete